CANADIAN COMMERCIAL HELICOPTER PILOT’S LICENSE
A professional helicopter pilot’s licence is required for those who plan to work commercially in the helicopter transportation industry.
ATTESTATION OF COLLEGE STUDIES (ACS)
Our programs are delivered in English as well as French and language courses can also be added to your training.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Obtain a Category 1 medical certificate. In order to receive a medical exam, check the physicians accredited by Transport Canada.
- Shown acquisition of skills related to the minimum requirements of academic studies.
Issue of License
- The candidate must pass a written exam and a skill test with Transport Canada.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) by the Campus Notre-Dame-de-Foy : all candidates who obtain their professional pilot license at Capitale Hélicoptère Flight School receive an Attestation of College Studies (ACS) issued by the Campus Notre-Dame-de-Foy.
Durée du programme
- 6 to 8 months for a full-time student
GROUND SCHOOL PROGRAM
80 hours minimumn
- Canadian aviation regulations
- Aerodynamics and flight theory
- Cells, engines and systems
- Flight instruments
- Flight operations
- Human factors, including decision making
Flight training program
100 hours minimum
55 hours dual instrcution flight time, including :
- 5 hours of travel flight;
- 10 hours of instrument flight.
35 hours solo flight time, including :
- 10 hours of navigation
- Travel flight of at least 2 hours with 3 landings, other than the departure point
- License will be restricted to “day flight only.”